Friday, August 6, 2010

Ok. Now what???

Alrighty. One week down, 51 to go.

I promise not to start ever entry with a countdown but I just couldn't help it this time lol.

Anyway, I've been blabbing to everybody about my new venture. For one main reason... so they can hold me accountable. Straight up! I'm a woman of my word. To others. Don't always keep my word to myself. So, if I tell people, and I know they will call me on it, i'll do whatever it is I said I would. True story.

Most everyone has been super supportive. Not saying they aren't taking side bets on how long before I cave, but at least they are wishing me well and telling me they think its a great idea. The only naysayer was a dude I work with who is convinced that I'm going to fail. Mind you, he's a man. Lets not forget that. I'm convinced the only way men know how to move on is to move on with another woman. Like the saying goes - the best way to get over old coochie is with new coochie. *shrugs*

I did have some girlfriends who tried to convince me to do it for 3 months. Nah. Thats not long enough. Anybody can take some time off for 3 months. Hell, thats a good amount of time to go through the stages of moving on. Since I've never done this before, I'm guessing the "lesson" comes after you're ready to move on. Yes? I personally don't think there is any challenge in taking just a few months off. The reason 12 months seems like such a long time is because.... IT'S A LONG A$$ TIME! Dang... just typing that makes me realize what a long d@mn time that is.

Maybe I should stop writing now...

Well, I did want to say this. I don't have anything planned this weekend because my son is home from school and I didn't plan accordingly. He's going to be hanging with friends tomorrow afternoon so maybe I'll see if I can quickly find something to occupy my time while he's farting around with them.

One good thing that has come from me telling all my business is that I've gotten some awesome suggestions for things to do over the next year. Like I said before, feel free to drop me a line with your ideas.

Bye kids - smell ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment