Monday, August 2, 2010

Here Goes Nothing...

Hey! Well, first let me give you a quick overview of whats going on here...

Basically, I've just gone through a "major break up" and I put that in parenthesis because I dated this guy for a year w/out getting a commitment out of him. Long story short, we regularly did everything that couples do but I didn't have the "title" (as he would say) of a girlfriend. I basically gave this dude my all because - well - thats what I do. I'm a Scorpio so I'm loyal like that. I dont believe in cheating or effin around on someone you care about. I'm 33 and no longer play games. True story. So, I was giving him my all even though we were only technically "dating".

Without going into mounds of detail... we eventually parted ways. And, I feel like I just broke up with my man. My preacher is always saying after ending a big relationship, you should take a year off from dating just to regroup and figure out where things went wrong and how not to repeat the past. And quite frankly, I dont think I can deal with anyone right now. It's basically not fair b/c I'm still thinking about and missing him to some degree. I really need to just move the eff on. But, right now, I just can't. And as not to be a woman with baggage... ima just do me for the next year.

Now, I started my "Manbatical" on Friday July 30th 2010. Yay me! With the help of a friend I have decided to do something new and different every weekend between now and July 30th 2011. On weekends when I normally would have been out with my man or on a date with someone new, I'm now going to do something on my own or with my girlfriends or guyfriends. And I'm really going to try my best do take on an adventure I've never experienced before. Then tell you all about it. Concept = good. Execution = ???

I think my toughest mission will be to find something for the next 52 weekends that I've never done before. Luckily I live in Atlanta and should be able to come up with more than enough ideas to keep me occupied. I will admit... it's hghly likely there may be some repeat nights of going to a movie or trying a new restaurant, but I pinky swear promise to do my best to keep it lively and hilarious.

So, thats it for now. I don't have anything exciting to report for this past weekend. Ima just let that one pass on by since I couldn't think of a flippin' name to get this blog started. But, it's on an popping come next weekend.

If you live in Atlanta and have any suggestions on fun ish for me to do, leave a comment and let me know. I'm totally open to anything and everything. As a matter of fact, my friend has a skydiving adventure coming up soon that I'm trying to talk him into letting me do for free. Wish me luck!

Thats all folks!

2 comments:

  1. Love the skydiving adventure idea! Lemme know if you want "a friend" to go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed out on the sky diving adventure and I was bummed. But it's cool - I'll make it my business to find something equally as scary :)

    ReplyDelete